Monday, August 24, 2009

Miroslav Sasek




An interview with Miroslav Sasek (1969)

"Janet Schulman, Macmillan's Marketing Manager, called me to say, "Guess who's in New York City? Miroslav Sasek! . He'll be here for a few weeks before returning to Munich, Germany!"

I immediately telephoned the Roger Williams Hotel in mid-town Manhattan and made an appointment to see him. When I arrived, Mr. Sasek was waiting for me in the lobby. "Would you like to see some pictures of Washington, D. C.?" he asked with his European accent. "Come up to the room!"

The first thing one notices about Mr. Sasek is his European manner. Despite his age, he is thin, well-tailored, and as bubbly as a glass of the best French champagne. Born in Prague, Czechoslovakia, he was forced to leave that country when the Communists seized power after World War II. He became a resident of Paris, France. "I'm at home in Paris," he stated, "I love it! I live in Munich now because my wife's work is there."

read more:

www.miroslavsasek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coral